[fixed] Re: dnsmasq: it shows a public IP of a lan machine

H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Debian Testing on an old machine as a router. That machine
> is also running dnsmasq for a dhcp server.
>
> I am also using opendns nameservers by the router machine, and the
> router machine as the dns server for my lan.
>
> I did some changes in dnsmasq.con a few days ago (was playing around)
> and reverted those. But now an IP of a lan machine is being shown as a
> public IP address (as opposed to 192.168.0.x). Incidentally that IP
> address is one of the opendns nameservers.
>
> That lan machine is specified in dnsmasq.conf as:
> dhcp-host=blue,<blue's mac address here>,192.168.0.100,1hr
>
> I have tried restarting dnsmasq, and running dhclient on the lan machine
> in question to get a new lease, but the IP address doesn't seem to "get
> flushed". Is there a way to make dnsmasq empty its cache and forget
> about past hosts?
>
> Thanks.

er ... looks like its fixed. I suppose there a type in my dnsmasq.conf
file that was causing this behaviour, though not at the ip address. But
after fixing that and restarting dnsmasq, everything is fixed. Sorry for
the noise.

Regards.

ever having been read.