Re: 2.6 kernel issues

Steven,
Please don't top post.  I've tried to reorganize this in the correct
order, but the quoting wasn't consistant.

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 02:32:47PM +1200, Steven Jones wrote:
> No, no 2.6 kernels work and no 2.4 kernel past 2.4.27 works as a bug
> was introduced into the megaraid driver about then....its never been
> solved. The reply I have is no developer has the hardware and they say
> its too old to bother with.

I have an HP NetRaid 1si hardware raid card, running Etch, and it boots
just fine.

I haven't upgraded to Lenny yet (I'm waiting for a full backup, but need
more media).  The Lenny installer in rescue mode doesn't see the drives
although in install mode it sees them.

If at some point you find that Linux stops working for you, for one
OpenBSD still supports the megaraid.  You may find that the other BSDs
do as well.

Doug.