Re: Are Sendmail-style Alias Lists Possible in exim4?

In <[🔎] 200904072031.n37KVAGs059929@dc.cis.okstate.edu>, Martin McCormick wrote:
>In sendmail, you can use the aliases file to declare a local
>address like:
>
>pitcrew::include:/etc/mail/crew_list
>
>That file can have either one address per line or , separated
>addresses, but the neat thing is you can change it dynamically
>as it is read each time. Is there anything like that in exim4?

In addition to my earlier reply, if you are comfortable with another MTA you
should probably use that one instead.  Exim4 is just a default--not a
requirement.  Postfix, courier, even plain-old sendmail are just a few of
the MTAs available, fully-supported in Debian.

TLDNR: If you want sendmail, use sendmail.