Are Sendmail-style Alias Lists Possible in exim4?

In sendmail, you can use the aliases file to declare a local
address like:

pitcrew::include:/etc/mail/crew_list

That file can have either one address per line or , separated
addresses, but the neat thing is you can change it dynamically
as it is read each time. Is there anything like that in exim4?
exim4 has a /etc/aliases file and a newaliases command, but it
doesn't seem to work the same way when I tried it.

	It didn't complain when I added a similar alias line,
and did a newaliases command, but it appeared to ignore the
alias completely.

thanks for any ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer