Re:

In <[🔎] 5407F532-0043-4176-B1DF-CA1E41E5BE6C@me.com>, Steffan Wood wrote:
>I did check this over a week ago but it seems nothing has been done to
>resolve it yet. According to the package list, the current stable
>version of Irssi is 0.8.12-6.
>Actually, the current stable version of Irssi is 0.8.13. I'm surprised
>this hasn't been updated on the Debian package list yet. When will
>this be updated so the latest release can be fetched from aptitude?

Debian stable is only updated with security fixes and (at scheduled and
announced intervals) fixes for grave or serious bugs.  At no time is a new
upstream version included.  (If upstream has a fix in a new version, it is
backported.)

You may want to add the backports repository to your sources, follow testing
or unstable instead, or run a mixed system.  You could also download the .deb
from backports/testing/unstable and install it with dpkg or download the
source package file(s), build against the libraries available on your system,
and install the resulting .deb.

PS  Please don't hijack threads.  Please provide informative subject lines.
Please have any disclaimers appear after the signature separator, "-- " on a
line by itself.