Re: "X includes" missing

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 21:09:50 +0300, Itay (debian@itayf.fastmail.fm) wrote:

> I am trying to install the latest stable digikam (0.9.5) from source.
> (Because stock digikam on lenny, 0.9.4,  has some issues in handling
> tiffs.)
>
> ./configure bailed with:
>
> 	checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. \
> 	Please check your installation and add the correct paths!
>
> Could you please get me started: where should I find
> "X includes", and what would be the debian-way to add them?
>
> Thanks,
> Itay

You may find it easier to just install the squeeze or sid versions of
digikam.  Just to show you the current versions available:

$ apt-cache policy digikam
digikam:
  Installed: 2:0.9.5~beta3-1
  Candidate: 2:0.9.5~beta3-1
  Version table:
     2:0.9.5-1 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
 *** 2:0.9.5~beta3-1 0
        990 http://ftp.uk.debian.org testing/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2:0.9.4-1 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org stable/main Packages

As you can see I have the squeeze/testing version installed, although
there does appear to be a non-beta version in sid/unstable.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.