Re: Flash Player Pkg?

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
Well I am having problems with gpg. The FAQ tells me to click on
a hotlink. When I do that a pop-up called Archive Manager offers
to store the download in the root directory (/). Is this really
what should be allowed to happen? This is a very strange "security"
step, IMHO. And, if not in the root directory, where should it be
put? And then what is to be done to tell apt-get about it? IMHO,
the FAQ answer is too terse. Is there a package that I can download
and install from the command line rather than using something
really opaque for Gnome?

Hi Paul,
I've not installed the flashplayer using the mirror, I've downloaded the offical package in Adobe.com, but if you wants to install from the mirror, let's try to resolve the gpg problem, step-by-step:
  1. Download the deb package (http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/d/debian-multimedia-keyring/debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb). You can save it where you like;
  2. Run, as root, the command dpkg -i [downloaded_package];
  3. Run apt-get update
  4. Run apt-get install flashplayer-mozilla
Regards,
Francisco Antônio da Silva Souza
Linux User #488128
http://franciscossouza.blogspot.com