Re: HELP!!! trying to recover crashed system - update

Update:

Well, back on the air, sort of. Thanks for the pointers to tools - systemrescuecd was very helpful.

What was really helpful was realizing that not only did I have a hardware problem with my server's motherboard, but one (of 4) drives was so badly corrupted that when I stuck it in by backup chassis, it kept things from coming up. Once I removed that drive, the backup system came up.

RAIDs are stale, so tomorrow will be about rebuilding them, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong overnight.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to rebuild RAID sets (or pointers to a good HOWTO), that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Miles