RE: Installing on a Compact Flash card.

[snip]

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallOnSDcardOrUsbStick

I read through that and verified the MBR settings. Everything looks
good. There is no CDROM or second hard drive, so it properly sets it up
as hd0,0 and hda. I tried a few different methods of installing the MBR.

I did switch the BIOS from Floppy->Hard Drive to Hard Drive->Floppy.
That didn't help any. So I disabled the floppy and I got an:
Error:9990301

A quick Google search tells me that the BIOS doesn't like the hard
drive. It sees it, and it obviously works when GRUB is loaded from the
floppy so I am not sure of the problem. It seems the only reliable way
so far to boot this machine is with the external floppy drive. :-(

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Anyone else?
~Stack~