Figuring out how to use badram/memmap

Hi,

I'm using an old pc which has bad ram. After running memtest86+
through a bunch of configurations i got it to spurt out these badRAM
parameters: badram=0x05780a00,0xfffffffc.

So i installed kernel-patch-badram and was hoping dpkg would popup
some menu for me to put this info... didn't happen. While googling
around through mostly references to the package in archives i found a
site that mentioned memmap, which is apparently already part of the
kernel (mine's 2.6.18-4-486, just issued apt-get dist-upgrade and it's
unstable).

So, which one is the recomended way: memmap or badram? And how do i
use it with the parameters i have?

TIA
Nuno Magalhães
LU#484677