compaq_mouse_problem

hi list,

my mother in law gave me an rather old hp_compaq evo_N115 (1 gigaherz processor) laptop. i installed lenny (stable) on it. but to my surprise my external ps2 logitech three wheel mouse does not work at all: the little arrow does not move over the screen of the compaq

/etc/X11?xorg.conf tells me 'the mouse is configured'

anybody out there with a solution for this problem??

btw i installed as a test slackware 10.2 on the laptop. under slack10.2 the mouse works without any problem.

this all is a kind of weird imo.

regards,

steef