Re: gateway doesn't locate at the same subnet of the IP Address.

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:20:09 +0200, Ron Johnson
<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

>The config file you need is /etc/network/interfaces.  Mine is:
>$ cat /etc/network/interfaces | grep -v \#
>auto lo
>iface lo inet loopback
>allow-hotplug eth0
>iface eth0 inet static
>	address
>	netmask
>	network
>	broadcast
>	gateway
>	dns-nameservers
>	dns-search homelan
>You'll have to restart /etc/init.d/networking after editing the
>interfaces file.

This is _NOT_ my case.  I mean, in my case, the IP and Gateway are not
on the same subnet.  In this case, I must also add some route in order
to send the packet from my host the Gateway first but I don't know how
to do it.

.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.