Re: Installing Squeeze testing

Nick Le Mouton wrote:
I'm having some problems installing Squeeze. Every time I run through the installer it freezes at 33% on partitioning the disk. I have tried it with Etch stable, which works fine (but apt doesn't work once I install as it's 2.4 kernel). I've also tried a Lenny testing disk I have laying around, but that also freezes at 33%. It may have something to do with the 2.6 kernel.

The server I'm trying to install on is a Dell PowerEdge 750. As far as I can tell it has a MegaRaid SCSI controller (2x146GB drives in RAID 1).

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks
Nick Le Mouton

Have some patience.. A lot of times my installs seem to hang at 33% only to finish just fine.. Probably a documented bug somewhere..

How long have you let the partitioner run?