Re: Sound and mixers

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 15:52:15 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Would any kind person with working sound be prepared to tell me her/his
> settings in Alsamixer, KMix or any other mixer (provided that it is in the
> Lenny repos ;-)  ).

What is your audio chipset? You need the settings of someone with the
same hardware, otherwise there might be small but important differences
in the names of the channels and their behavior.

> Sound was working until I fiddled with the settings to try and get the mic
> going, so the rest of the set-up must be OK.  I have tried altering each of
> the settings while a CD was playing so that any improvement would show
> immediately.  But altering one setting at a time didn't achieve anything, and
> there are just too many permutations possible for it to be entirely realistic
> to go thro' the lot.  Tho' I realise that I may be reduced to that. :-(

You can post the output of "amixer" and we can take a look (or put it on
http://debian.pastebin.com and post the link).

          Florian   |