Re: TCP checksum error

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:52:53AM +1300, malcolm mcqueen wrote:
> I have been having problems with network connections. Dropping out, and
> slow.
> On investigation using wireshark, I see I have many bad packets with
> incorrect checksums.

I remember a time when I was trying to track a network problem down and
I had bad checksums, it worked out the bad checksums was being caused by
an application injecting packets into the stack, and it was a reading
error by wireshark, I found if I wiresharked from a different box the
checksum was okay.  I also found if I updated my driver (network ) to a
newer version that also fixed problems as well (the problem was with
checksum'ing)

Alex

--
"And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- the rest of your life -- of service to America."

	- George W. Bush
04/09/2002
Bridgeport, Conn.