Pure-ftpd virtual chroot and symbolic links

Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on a problem I have.

I am running pure-ftpd on Debian 5.0/Lenny.

I am having trying to use the symbolic link option that is provided to link to other folders that I have set up. However, I get an error when trying to change to that folder when logged in with ftp.
The error is: 550 Can't change directory to repo: No such file or directory

Was the version for Lenny compiled using the --with-virtualchroot option?

I am running Pure-ftpd via xinetd. -A is one of the options that I have specified for the server_args.
I know that using the mount --bind option is one way to go. But I find the symlink to be an easier method.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Bjorn