Re: To synchronize system time witn NTP-server with no winter time shift whole year - how to?

Paul E Condon writes:
> Wow! A kindred spirit. I have often wished for this too, but thought I
> was the only person in the world who was such an outlier as to want it.

Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua are
purportedly GMT -6 (which is the same as CST) with no DST.  Run
"dpkg-reconfigure tzdata", pick one of those countries, and you'll be all
set.  Alternatively, you could create your own zone.  man zic.

However, I must reiterate that NTP has nothing to do with either time zones
or daylight-savings time.  It deals exclusively in UTC.
--
John Hasler