Re: managing audiofiles

Bernard a écrit :
> Hi to Everyone,

[snip]

> My question is this : I have recorded a file which is way too long,
> since I started the record maybe one hour prior to the meeting that was
> the purpose of this work. Now I hope I can trim the record in such way
> as to discard the unwanted part, and keep what I want. How am I to trim
> such an audio file ?   Is there a specific doc I should read for this ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any input.
>
> Bernard

Hi,

there is a very handy tool around called XCFA, it's available in
debian-multimedia. It is to audio what Avidemux is to video, in XCFA
you'll be able to import, split/cut your audio file, and convert it to
whatever format without leaving the comfort of the gui (if you're not a
command line addict yet).

Almost any audio format is supported for import and to/from conversion,
there is a built-in feature to install the missing codecs/tools from
XCFA using apt or aptitude (root password required), and more.

For an overview of the features you can go there:

http://www.xcfa.tuxfamily.org/presentation.html

(it's french, but  feature tables are understandable).

Tom