Re: Where did my eth0 go?

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:05:10AM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

>After being away on holiday for 3 weeks I ran a major "apt-get update"
>on my (amd64) Sid system this morning.  After the update I rebooted
>and noticed that my eth0 is gone.

This happened also for me, although I didn't have time to diagnose and
just allowed udev to regenerate net rules.

Look at /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

You have probably more devices created there, than you actually have
on your system. Either manually correct entries in this file, or
simply delete it and let udev regenerate rules.

--
Jacek Politowski