Re: Which timezone does the cron use in Debian?

Dear Nuno,

Firstly, thank you very much for your respond.

Here is the content of my "/var/spool/cron/crontabs" directory:
"
debby:/var/spool/cron# ls
crontabs
debby:/var/spool/cron# cd crontabs
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs# ls
root
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs# cat ./root
25      17      *       *       1-6     /sbin/halt
55      14      *       *       0       /sbin/halt
"

"Date" gives this output:
"
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs# date
Thu Mar 26 00:00:52 CST 2009
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs# date -u
Wed Mar 25 16:00:56 UTC 2009
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs#
".

The correct one is the UTC ('date -u'). I want my "cron" works with the UTC.

My "/etc/default/rcS":
"
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs# cat /etc/default/rcS
#
# /etc/default/rcS

TMPTIME=0
SULOGIN=yes
DELAYLOGIN=no
UTC=yes
VERBOSE=no
FSCKFIX=no
RAMRUN=no
RAMLOCK=no
debby:/var/spool/cron/crontabs#
".

But my cron still work with the 'CST'.

I've already try to find the solution but my Debian does not work with the UTC. I can't solved this problem by myself.

Please keep helping me.

Thank you very much in advance.