Re: Kernel issues: booting from USB storage (Repost)

Quoth green at 2009-03-25 14:26...
> This is off-topic for the thread, but
> I am happy with my 3945ABG: it works good with 2.6.26 (though I don't know
> about before that).  I suppose you are using iwl3945 now; if you are not (are
> using ipw3945 and ipw3945d) be sure to try out iwl3945.  Of course this may all
> be old news to you...

I am indeed using iwl3945 as I'm using kernel 2.6.26 for day-to-day
operations.  The main annoyance is that it makes the wireless light
blink (before it was either on or off) which is going to require either
tracking down how it does it and disabling it or possibly duct tape.

Still need 2.4.27 for realtime/audio stuff but wireless networking won't
be an issue there as it will be disabled along with a load of other
stuff that causes unnecessary interrupts and thus impacts on the
realtime performance and causes those horrible xruns on jackd.

Thanks for the tip anyway!

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/