Re: VMware

Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
On 21 Mar, Justin The Cynical wrote:

(about VMware Server 2.0)
And if you find a better way to access the server under Linux that
that $%#$^%! web UI crap, please let me know!!!

Use version 1 instead?
1.0.8 is the latest, it was updated even after 2.0 was released.
It is far less resource hungry than 2.0.

I know. However, I wasn't able to get it compiled at all on a fresh lenny AMD64 install (looking back, it was prolly some missing 32bit system libs) and I had to have the 64 bit to really make full use of the 6 gigs of RAM I installed.

I have to admit that version 2 runs /much/ better than 1.0.8 and I've found that in spite of the craptastic UI and resource requirements, my VM's run much smoother as well.