Re: 64 vs 32 lenny

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:54:58 -0500
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> I recommend 64-bits for new installs, but for existing setups, there
> is no need to update, unless you have specific needs.
this is good advice. however, since i have just installed lenny with
the intent of experimenting with it (came from freebsd7), i think i
will go with 64 based on what you (and roger) have written (at least on
a separate partition to start with).
> Oops, make that *3* GB or less ...
this is very interesting. i had no idea about the hardware end of it.

In friendship,

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's