Re: System monitoring tool for AMD64

T o n g wrote:
What are the recommended system monitoring tool for AMD64?

I tried xmbmon, but it doesn't seems to show me the mb/cpu temperature, fan speed etc. I then tried xsensors, but get % xsensors Sensor 'k8temp' not supported by xsensors!

This is also a matter of personal preference. I actually prefer the XFCE desktop environment, and I have been using a little plugin that sits on my desktop panels called 'xfce4-sensors-plugin'.

Unfortunately, the latest version of that plugin in Sid is crashing for me, so I am trying to learn enough about 'gdb' to be useful in helping the Debian XFCE Maintainers to locate the problem and get it fixed. The previous version was working for me, however, and I saved its DEB so that I can still use it if I get desperate. ;)

DW