Re: Help! Grub is broken

明覺:

> It all happened suddenly. I was editing a file in gedit 3 minutes ago, and
> when I was saving it, it said "readonly filesystem".

What's in /var/log/syslog?

> then i restarted my
> machine, it ccould not shutdown for it said it's a readonly file system.
> then i pressed reset to force it restart, then it stopped at "grup loading.
> please wait... error 17", what happened to my machine, is it a virus? how to
> recover my system? thanks

First: today's viruses generally don't destroy their hosts anymore.
Instead, they use their host as a platform for criminal behaviour. You
don't earn any money by rendering other people's computer, but
apparently you earn a lot by making it part of a botnet.

Second: my guess would be that your hardware is defective. I would start
searching for hints that the disk, disk controller or the cable to the
disk is broken. Hardware has a tendency to break and most of the time it
does so without any warning.

J.
--
Television advertisements are the apothesis of twentieth century culture.
[Agree]   [Disagree]