Re: nvidia problems after upgrade

Steven Demetrius wrote:
Please list the full contents of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and the
kernel version you are using.

Ok, I've attached my xorg.conf file to this message, and my kernel version is
2.6.26-1-686 (as reported by "uname -r").

You can also get xorg to generate a xorg.conf file for you. Try this
first. As root use the following command.

 # Xorg -configure

It will create a xorg.conf file in the current directory. Now you can
test Xwindow with this config file.

 # Xorg -config ./xorg.conf

See "man Xorg",  for more information.

I didn't try this, because X seems to detect the free nv driver when the
package for it is installed, but, as I said before, freezes the system after a
few minutes of use.

If you want to use the non-free driver you will need to either download
the driver for your kernel version if its available or compile it.

I know.  I was using it before I upgraded.  And the free nv driver was working
also before I upgraded.

Thanks,
Aidan