Re: iptables question

On Mon,12.Jan.09, 14:50:48, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I used to be able to ssh to my desktop, then.. I couldn't ( sounds like my K3B
> issue:).
> I noticed someone else with a message about iptables, and I basically copied
> his script:
> # iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport 22 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
>
> except changed it to my ssh port 22. Now I can ssh back to my box again.
> What would reset my iptables, did we have some updates with would put in a
> vanilla config file somewhere?? is there an iptables .conf ( or whatever)
> file, I didn't see one in the man pages, though I didn't look REAL hard at
> all 297 pages...

I know this is old, but...

AFAICT iptables has no config at all on Debian (dpkg -L shows no files
in /etc). The only suspect would be some of the frontends. I would look
into the reverse dependencies of iptables (a.k.a the packages depending
on iptables). Try this:

aptitude search '?installed ?depends(iptables)'

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)