Re: any software for 3D surfaces visualization in debian sid?

Star Liu wrote:
> I'm looking for a free software which can draw 3D picture if I setup
> mathmetical equations and specify its scope, it's an important part of
> my current project. thanks!

You may have a look at octave:

For 3D visualisation, you could try octaviz:

I used these in the courses at my school, our teacher used and
recommended matlab but I wanted to go with free software. It did a
pretty good job, although it cannot match matlab when it comes to really
extensive 3D plots, animated and all. But you might give it a try.