Re: any software for 3D surfaces visualization in debian sid?

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:31:20 +0800
Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a free software which can draw 3D picture if I setup
> mathmetical equations and specify its scope, it's an important part of
> my current project. thanks!

scilab and octave?
I think that currently octave is better maintained (used to be the oposite) and
is a partial comaptible open source replacement of matlab.

At lest at the time though the image processing capabilities of scilab were better
(didn't use either lately, unfortunately they are no replacement for the real matlab
and some fortran work for the things I do)