Re: any software for 3D surfaces visualization in debian sid?

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 21:31 +0800, Star Liu wrote:
> I'm looking for a free software which can draw 3D picture if I setup
> mathmetical equations and specify its scope, it's an important part of
> my current project. thanks!
>
> --
> My platform is AMD64 with Debian sid and gnome.

Currently not in Debian, but runs on Debian very well, check out BRL-CAD
on Sourceforge.

Check this out;
http://brlcad.org/gallery/main.php

Another possibility may be Varkon Modeling You will need to google this.
It used to be available in a Debian package. I have both running on my
system.
These have a steep learning curve, but they are worth it, long term. If
you are a student, I think Mathematica is available also.
Good luck!!
--
John Foster