RE: Measure "cp" Speed?

His exact question was "how do I measure the speed while I am doing cp
command?"

I took the 'while' to mean 'as the cp command runs' aka progress during
the transfer. As for benchmarking, when rsync finishes it prints out
messages like:

sent 17580260 bytes  received 50 bytes  11720206.67 bytes/sec
total size is 17577963  speedup is 1.00

That is perfect information for benchmarking. It gives how much was
transferred and at what speed in bytes/second.

~S~