Re: pam_ldap, nss_ldap and rfc2307bis (using member instead of memberUid)

OK I Managed to get at least group memberships (somehow working):

# getent group testers users; id john.doe
testers:*:5001:cn=Dummy,uid=john.doe,ou=People,dc=marcher,dc=name
users:*:5000:cn=Dummy,uid=john.doe,ou=People,dc=marcher,dc=name
uid=1000(john.doe) gid=5000(users) groups=5000(users)

now, why doesn't it work so that I just have john.doe as a member but
instead the full DN of the ldap object?

still looking for ideas :)

thanks,
martin