Re: pam_ldap, nss_ldap and rfc2307bis (using member instead of memberUid)

Hi,

2009/3/4 Dave Ewart <davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk>:
> You don't explicitly mention this, so I'll just drop this in here:
> typically, you need to set both pam_groupdn and pam_member_attribute in
> /etc/pam_ldap.conf

i have set that:

# egrep -v '^$|^#' /etc/pam_ldap.conf
base dc=marcher,dc=name
uri ldap://localhost
ldap_version 3
pam_groupdn cn=testers,ou=Group,dc=marcher,dc=name
pam_member_attribute member
pam_password exop
nss_schema rfc2307bis
nss_map_attribute       member  memberUid

also these are the infos I'm getting from pam_ldap right now. I start
to think I'm in the wrong place with my config (pam_ldap is the right
place not nss-ldap.conf right?).

anyone with ideas?

# getent group|grep 500
users:*:5000:john.doe
testers:*:5001:

# getent passwd|grep john
john.doe:x:1000:5000:,,,:/home/exuser:/bin/bash

# ldapsearch -LLL -x '(gidnumber=*)'
dn: uid=john.doe,ou=People,dc=marcher,dc=name
uid: john.doe
cn: Example User
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: hostObject
objectClass: authorizedServiceObject
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1000
homeDirectory: /home/exuser
gecos: ,,,
host: *
authorizedService: *
gidNumber: 5000

dn: cn=users,ou=Group,dc=marcher,dc=name
gidNumber: 5000
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
member: cn=Dummy
member: uid=john.doe,ou=People,dc=marcher,dc=name
cn: users
memberUid: john.doe

dn: cn=testers,ou=Group,dc=marcher,dc=name
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: testers
member: cn=Dummy
member: uid=john.doe,ou=People,dc=marcher,dc=name
gidNumber: 5001

--
http://soup.alt.delete.co.at
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.