Re: Advice about ext3, please (An experiment & results)

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 17:43:33 Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > I have not tested the
> > theory, but I have always understood that keys are particularly
> > vulnerable. To physical damage if pulled out prematurely, not just damage
> > to the filesystem.
>
> Why so?

As I say, I have not tested this out myself.  But I have been told it quite
often.  I don't know much about what is inside a USB key, and assumed that it
was something to do with that.  I have certainly had a USB key die when
someone else yanked it out prematurely, but that could have been coincidence.

Lisi