Re: Unison not syncing files under ~/.kde

"A. F. Cano" <afc@shibaya.lonestar.org> writes:

>Hi,

>I've been using unison to keep home directories syncronized for quite a
>while now, but this little bit is starting to aggravate me.  It appears
>that, unless I'm missing something in the configuration below, files
>under a .directory are ignored.  Note that at the bottom there is a
>blanket "ignore = Name .*" to leave alone most .files which are system
>specific, but certain ones I want to propagate, thus the ignorenot
>lines.

>The relevant bits on the ~/.unison/default.prf file are:

>  ignorenot = Path afc/.procmailrc
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.fetchmailrc
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.signature
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.mutt
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.profile
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.bashrc
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.vimrc

>All these get propagated just fine

>  ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/kpilot	#this is a directory
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/karm/karm.ics #individual file
>  ignorenot = Path afc/.wine/user_files

>But these do not propagate.

>  ignore = Path afc/Desktop
>  ignore = Name .*
>  ignore = Name *.o

ignore    = Name .*
ignorenot = Path afc/.kde
ignore    = Path afc/.kde/*
ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share
ignore    = Path afc/.kde/share/*
ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share/apps
ignore    = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/*
ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/kpilot
ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/karm
ignore    = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/karm/*
ignorenot = Path afc/.kde/share/apps/karm/karm.isc
ignorenot = Path afc/.wine
ignore    = Path afc/.wine/*
ignorenot = Path afc/.wine/user_files

Its annoying, but I think its the only way to work around this.