Re: Lenny Net Install

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Chan Lee <chanl@> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to net install the Lenny using an ISO CD of:
>
> debian-500-i386-netinst.iso (153,520 KB)
>
> but then it never got into the Linux boot stage.
>
> The system is set to boot from the DVD ROM, and
> ran some DVD cycles (as the green lights blinking)
> then ran into the Window boot about a minute later.

Let's start from something simple.

If I got you right, you have burnt a CD image to DVD media? If that's
guess is correct, try to record CD image to CD media.

If I got you wrong and you have tried to boot from recorded CD-R, here
is another option: are you sure that CD is properly recorded and have
a quality enough to be read by your DVD-ROM device? Maybe there are
some mechanical errors at the CD-R itself due to unsuccessful
recording and that preventing the disc from a proper reading?

Have you tried to boot from that recorded CD-R somewhere else? Locate
another computer and repeat a boot stage. Don't start the install
process, just try to boot into debian-installer.

If you face a failure, re-record CD-R at lower speed. Try to record
Debian ISO at the lowest possible speed which is supported by your
burner.

Good luck!