Re: Lenny upgrade: Is there a way to reconfigure video card in lenny?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 02:56:20PM -0800, S D wrote:

> I'm trying to resolve "Desktop is not using full screen" problem that
> appeared after upgrade from etch to lenny. More info about the issue
> can be found at:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/browse_thread/thread/b651d56d24d02d35#
>
> Since there's no solution so far, I'd like to try to COMPLETELY
> reconfigure my video card settings. Is there a way to do it in lenny?
>
> I tried "dpkg-recofigure xserver-xorg" but the reconfig process asked
> some questions about the keyboard it didn't ask anything at all about
> the videocard.
>
> Thanks

Have you tried manually reconfiguring your xorg.conf? You may need a
"Mode" line, for example from mine (for my EeePC):

Section "DRI"
	Mode		0666
Endsection

Figure out the exact resolution you need, and make a modeline for it
(there is a formula available to use pixWidth/pixHeight/DPI to generate
a modeline), and put it in your xorg.conf as specified above. You may
have to create the "DRI" section.

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega