Re: gecko is a good method for developing desktop software, right?

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 20:38, Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm thinking about the methods of developing cross platform desktop
>> software those days, I think the advantage of gecko is that it
>> seperates layout, styles and event response information(code), which
>> is a correct direction for software development, as I saw this
>> direction in web development. Other methods(gtk, qt, wx) may still
>> stay at the traditional stage, which mix layout information with event
>> response code. Am I right? what's your opinion about the direction of
>> desktop software development? thanks
>
> I don't know about the others, but QT 4 is model/view. Apparently
> it isn't MVC, but Model, View, Delegate and Selections.

is it a good idea to use unified layout language to describe both
desktop and web application user interface? if QT also seperates
layout code from event handler code, then shall it invent a new
language to describe its user interface? For gecko, I hope XUL can be
integrated into html, is that possible?