openvpn restart - bridge loses tap0 interface

Hi,

I am running Debian Lenny and have a small issue regarding
my bridging setup with OpenVPN.

The bridge works flawless but when I changed the OpenVPN config a couple of days ago and did a restart the bridge suddenly stopped working. It seems everytime I do a restart the bridge loses the tap0 interface.

Before/etc/init.d/openvpn restart
bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
br0		7fff.004063e92326	no		eth0
							tap0

After /etc/init.d/openvpn restart
bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
br0		7fff.004063e92326	no		eth0

/etc/network/interfaces

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
bridge_ports eth0 tap0
bridge_bridgeprio 32767
bridge_portprio eth0 129
bridge_fd 5

How can I create a permanent tap0 interface?

Is /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/bridge a good place to start
or am I missing something in the config?

Bernd