Re: Turn off monitor after inactivity

Hi!

"Daniel Aleksandersen" <aleksandersen+debian@runbox.com> writes:

> I forgot to mention, I don’t have a graphical user interface. No xorg either.

Sorry, I am not sure if this is what you are searching for, but
I found this:

,---[ /etc/console-tools/config ]
#  **** screen saver/DPMS settings: all VCs ****
# These settings are commented by default to avoid the chance of damage to
# very old monitors that don't support DPMS signalling.
[...]
BLANK_TIME=5
BLANK_DPMS=off
# Powerdown time.  The console will go to DPMS Off mode POWERDOWN_TIME
# minutes _after_ blanking.  (POWERDOWN_TIME + BLANK_TIME after the last input)
POWERDOWN_TIME=1
`----

I have not idea if this uses setterm of something else to
do what it does.

Just have a look and try different settings ;)

hth