Re: Problem with default resolution starting Debian Lenny

El vie, 27-02-2009 a las 13:51 -0800, Kelly Clowers escribió:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:43, Marcos Fernandez <mrstvx@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It doesn't works.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.
>
> Maybe the old style will work?
>
> Section "Screen"
>    Identifier       "Default Screen"
>    Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
>    Device          "Configured Video Device"
>    DefaultColorDepth 24
>    Subsection "Display"
>       Depth 24
>       Modes          "1280x1024"
>    EndSubsection
> EndSection
>

> Or xrandr might work. If you start up with the monitor switched
> to the other computer, can you then change the resolution with
> this command?
>
> xrandr --output VGA --mode 1280x1024
>
> You might need to change the "VGA" part to something else.
>
> xrandr -q will give you some info, the second line should have
> something like: "VGA connected...." or "LVDS connected...." or
> similar.  Change the --output option to that identifier.
>
> If the xrandr mode command works to change your resolution,
> you could put it in a startup script like ~/.xsession
>

> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers

Sorry, i haven't read the thread until right now.

xrandr --output VGA --mode 1280x1024: it changes the resolution to
1280x, but for some reason the size of the words is bigger, and i need
to change "appearance" and set the sizes smaller, but it "works", more
or less.

Thank you very much for your help.