Re: Adding installed packages to menu

> might be useful to you sometime. All of this can also be done from the
> command line but you probably want to use the GUI that you are
> already using.

I don't use the menus much -- I usually run things through the command
line as Thorny was saying -- but it looks like there's some menu
management tools through a GUI under System -> Preferences -> Main
Menu.  You can show/hide menu items, sort them according to whatever
categorization you like, and add/remove new menu items relating to new
software packages.

Hope this helps.

~JS