Re: netbook for debian

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 10:17:00AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am thinking of buying a netbook and would like to ask for opinions
> about good options for use with debian (preferably, alternatively
> Ubuntu). At the moment, I have been looking at
> Samsung NC10-anyNet KA06DE 10,2 Zoll WSVGA Netbook
> and
> Asus Eee PC 1000H 10 Zoll WSVGA Netbook
> but I would like to spend as little money as possible to get a reliable
> small laptop for presentations and for writing/surfing while on the road.
>
> thanks cheers Peter

I own an Asus EeePC 901 running Debian, and I'm loving every moment of
it. As long as you set it up properly (covered by
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC ) it will fly like a regular desktop.
I even play games on it (albeit only Teeworlds and Armagetronad, but
it's enough online gaming to kill time between classes; nothing
hardcore).

--
                 http://pobega.wordpress.com
                   http://identica/pobega