Re: apt-get problem

Use apt-get spy but read this about apt-get for the future...
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#pkgmgmt

Sjors Gielen wrote:
Angelin Lalev schreef:
This is a partial output of apt-get update command, performed on my brand new
Debian 5.0 installation:

[snip]

Is that an indication that the mirror is not ok, or I am doing something wrong.

You are using the ftp.egr.msu.edu mirror in your /etc/apt/sources.list. It seems the mirror has gone offline and you may want to switch to another one.

To do that, open your /etc/apt/sources.list in an editor as root, and replace all instances of ftp.egr.msu.edu with another mirror, such as ftp.debian.org.

Sjors

   "You don't know where your shadow will fall",
        Somebody.-
 Ing. Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta <olafrv@gmail.com>
 http://olafrv.googlepages.com (Personal Webpage)
 http://olafrv.blogspot.com (Technical Blog)