Re: How to protect an encrypted file system for off-line attack?

the discussion is really interesting and informative.
there's just something I don't understand.

Jeff Soules wrote:

> good.)  In any case, with EncFS we're talking about a technological
> solution in which the encryption key is stored alongside the encrypted
> media, so whatever the password concerns are, this is unsuitable for
> keeping information truly secret when a hostile person might have
> enough physical access to the drive.

does this also apply to cryptofs or whatever luks is using. I'm not very
paranoid and don't have that much to hide, but I'm testing and using
cryptsetup and still didn't find time to read all crypto realted stuff.

thanks in advance - regards