Re: Error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Select_Size

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 20:08:06 -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have two programs that are failing at startup with this message;
>
>> /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Select_Size
>
> Does any one know what the problem is?

FT_Select_Size should be defined in libfreetype.so.6 from the
libfreetype6 package.  You either have an outdated version of this
package, or your libfontconfig.so.1 links against the wrong
libfreetype.so.6 (e.g. a non-Debian version in /usr/local/lib/).

Please post the output of these two commands:

dpkg -l libfreetype6 | tail -n-1

ldd /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1

          Florian   |