Re: I'm rather embarrassed to even be asking this...

Justin The Cynical wrote:

This is why I asked and felt embarrassed asking, I figured that it would be a fairly easy thing to find, especially considering the chipset isn't all that new, but it's looking to be a bit more involved that I thought.

On one hand, there apparently isn't kernel support for edac
On the other, dmidecode shows that it appears there is some kind of ECC going on, but at the same time it makes it look like there isn't.

So what the utils are showing might be caused by a lack of support from kernel modules and other assorted internal databases that need to be updated (for example, dmidecode reports the CPU Family as out of spec and I'm running an 8400, and the bastille package doesn't support Lenny), or the board just isn't running the ECC code like it should be.

I've shot a message off to SuperMicro's support address, I'll have to see what they say as well, but if any one else has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Justin I would call SuperMicro, I see their phone number in the manual.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263