Re: mount options to not reduce life of a USB memory stick

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/27/2009 04:38 PM, H.S. wrote:
>> Any suggestion if this can be improved to prolong the life of the memory
>> stick? Or at least not reduce it on a Debian Testing system?
>
> 1. noatime has the most impact.

Okay.

> 2. Modern flash memory lasts much longer than older flash,

hmm .. wasn't aware of this.

> 3. How often will your friends/family be writing to it????

This could vary. It could be every day for some interval of time
followed by days of inactivity. But won't happen is some user
reading/writing every few minutes for all the time.

Thanks.

ever having been read.