problem importing foreign data into Tellico

Hi there !

Is anyone here familiar with Tellico ?  It is an opensource Linux
application that is suppose to manage small libraries. I just installed it
onto my Ubuntu 8.04. It seems to work all right, but I failed to import
BibTeX files in it, even though it is supposed to work. I also tried to
export a small Tellico database that I just made up, into a BibTeX file
(.bib), but it also failed to work. No error message, or if there was one,
I didn't know where to find it. Import works and gives you a base with 0
entries, export gives you a .bib file which contains only one line :
'Comment generated by Tellico 3...". Imports or exports from/to csv format
does work OK...

Thanks in advance for any hint concerning such filetype import into
Tellico