Re: package management begins to annoy me

On Friday 27 February 2009 07:15:23 thveillon.debian wrote:
> But when running a system which is a mix of testing, sid and
> experimental, plus a few debian-multimedia goodies thrown in, aptitude
> performs better.

Maybe I just happen to be in this case as well.  I have main for
stable(+security+volatile), backports, testing(+security), unstable, and
experimental in my sources for my VPS.  (Pinned so that the system is mostly
stable(+security+volatile).)  I have all that plus contrib, non-free, and
multimedia variants of all of them in my sources for my desktop (which is
now mostly stable as well, but was testing until recently and also had KDE
4.2 installed).